Previous Press Releases
Hall of Fame for Healthcare Supply Chain Leadership calls for 2020 Bellwether, Future Famer nominations
SCHAUMBURG, IL (November 11, 2019) – Bellwether League Inc., the Hall of Fame for Healthcare Supply Chain Leadership, invites nominations for its Future Famers and Bellwether Classes of 2020.
Bellwether League’s Future Famers recognize industry all-stars early in their careers, shining a spotlight on some of the innovative and progressive projects they implement that make a difference within their respective organizations and for the industry.
Bellwether recognition honors the entire careers of innovative and pioneering leaders in the healthcare supply chain whose efforts and achievements have left an indelible mark of high performance and quality service on their organizations and the industry as a whole.
Visit Bellwether League’s web site (http://www.bellwetherleague.org/nominations.html) to access, view and download the official nomination forms for Future Famer and Bellwether recognition and to see the criteria the Board of Directors uses.
- Deadline for Future Famer and Bellwether nominations: Wednesday, January 1, 2020
Mark your calendars: The Future Famers and Bellwether Classes of 2020 will be recognized and honored at the 13th Annual Bellwether Induction Dinner Event (BIDE 13), scheduled for Monday, October 5, 2020, at the Westin-O’Hare, Rosemont, IL.
For a brief report on BIDE 12, which happened on Monday, Sept. 30, 2019, visit Bellwether League’s Media page at http://www.bellwetherleague.org/media.html. For photos and video of the 12th annual event, visit Bellwether League’s Gallery page at http://www.bellwetherleague.org/sliders/gallery.html.
About Bellwether League
Bellwether League’s Board of Directors, a veteran group of industry advocates, evaluates and validates professionals submitted for consideration in its two award programs: Bellwethers and Future Famers.
The Board selects deceased, retired and currently active professionals with a minimum of 25 years of exemplary service and leadership performance in supply chain operations that meet its criteria to be publicly recognized as Bellwether Class Honorees. Those honored demonstrate their qualifications by advancing the profession through work experience and performance and active participation in professional organizations and their communities.
Future Famers represent supply chain professionals early in their healthcare careers who do not yet qualify for Bellwether consideration, but have contributed to the healthcare supply chain profession in a meaningful way.
To date, Bellwether League has honored and inducted into its Hall of Fame 112 innovators, leaders and pioneers in healthcare supply chain management in five distinct categories: Education & Media, Supply Chain Management, Group Purchasing, Supplier and Consulting Services. Bellwether League also has recognized 27 Future Famers.
Launched in late July 2007 by a group of influential veterans in the healthcare supply chain industry, Bellwether League Inc., is a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit corporation that identifies and honors men and women who have demonstrated significant leadership in, influence on and contributions to the supply chain from healthcare providers, healthcare product manufacturers and distributors, group purchasing organizations, consulting firms, educational institutions and media outlets.
Bellwether League currently is funded by six Founding and Platinum Sponsors – HealthTrust, Intalere, Owens & Minor, Premier, Vizient and VIE Healthcare – and a host of additional sponsors.
The 2019-2020 Board of Directors of Bellwether League Inc. includes a veteran group of industry advocates:
- Nick Gaich, (chairman) (Bellwether Class of 2013),CEO, Nick Gaich and Associates, Morgan Hill, CA
- Nathaniel Mickish (secretary) (Future Famers Class of 2015), Vice President, Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, Texas Health Resources, Arlington, TX
- Deborah A. Petretich Templeton, R.Ph., (treasurer), Chief, System Support Services, Geisinger Health, Danville, PA
- Rick Dana Barlow (co-founder, executive director), President, Wingfoot Media Inc., Schaumburg, IL
- Karen Conway, CMRP, Vice President, Healthcare Value, GHX, Colorado Springs, CO
- Dee Donatelli, R.N. (Bellwether Class of 2015), Vice President, Professional Services, TractManager,Newton, KS
- Edward J. Hisscock, Senior Vice President, Supply Chain Management, Trinity Health, Livonia, MI
- Jamie C. Kowalski (co-founder, founding chairman 2007-2013) (Bellwether Class of 2017), retired CEO, Jamie C. Kowalski Consulting LLC, Milwaukee, WI
For more information on how to become a sustaining or corporate sponsor or to nominate Honoree and Future Famer candidates visit BellwetherLeague.org.
Pictures of the Bellwether and Future Famers Classes of 2019 are available online and on request.
Contact: Rick Dana Barlow
Wingfoot Media Inc.